Former WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio (Alberto El Patron) has reportedly been pulled from his scheduled return to a major wrestling promotion.
Per Emily Pratt of FanByte, El Patron has been pulled from his three-way tag team match with partner Laredo Kid at AAA TripleMania on April 30 from Monterrey, Mexico.
The former WWE star will be replaced by a wrestler from the American independent scene for the event. It hasn’t been confirmed who as of yet.
El Patron was arrested in May 2020 following accusations of battering and sexually assaulting his girlfriend. After multiple trial delays, the charges were dropped on December 2021 due to a ‘missing witness’.
As previously mentioned, the former WWE Champion was reportedly chosen by AAA booker Konnan after feeling the show needed “a big surprise”.
- Former WWE Star Considering Return As Transgender Wrestler?
- WWE In Talks With Potential Big Signing
- Seth Rollins Opens Up On Issues With CM Punk & Whether He’d Work With Him
- WWE Debuting New Show Update
- AEW Star Reacts To Claims He’s Been Fined For His Conduct
- Popular Star Discussed For WWE Main Roster Call-Up
- Randy Orton Tag Team Match Announced For WWE SmackDown
- Tony Khan Criticized Backstage Over ‘Shock’ AEW Firing
- Top WWE Star Considering ‘A Number Of Things’ Ahead Of Contract Expiring
- WWE ‘Very High’ On Rising Star’s Progress