Former WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio (Alberto El Patron) has reportedly been pulled from his scheduled return to a major wrestling promotion.
Per Emily Pratt of FanByte, El Patron has been pulled from his three-way tag team match with partner Laredo Kid at AAA TripleMania on April 30 from Monterrey, Mexico.
The former WWE star will be replaced by a wrestler from the American independent scene for the event. It hasn’t been confirmed who as of yet.
El Patron was arrested in May 2020 following accusations of battering and sexually assaulting his girlfriend. After multiple trial delays, the charges were dropped on December 2021 due to a ‘missing witness’.
As previously mentioned, the former WWE Champion was reportedly chosen by AAA booker Konnan after feeling the show needed “a big surprise”.
- WWE Raw Live Results – May 23, 2022
- Kyle O’Reilly Reveals When His AEW Contract Expires
- Swerve Strickland Confirms Tag Team Name With Keith Lee
- Clarification On Exactly When Sasha Banks & Naomi Walked Out Of Last Week’s WWE Raw
- Jake Roberts ‘So Scared’ Of Losing Friendship With WWE Hall Of Famer
- Another Scrapped Name For Sheamus, Ridge Holland & Butch WWE Faction Revealed?
- AEW Double Or Nothing To Be Shown In Select Cinemas
- Date Of WWE’s Next Saudi Arabia Event Revealed
- WWE Again Buries Sasha Banks & Naomi During WWE Raw
- Will Ospreay ‘Not On Good Terms’ With Kenny Omega