While we’ve come to expect WWE releases, it’s fair to say not many people were expecting last week’s announcement of Zelina Vega being released.
According to reports which have come out since her release, it seems that Zelina’s refusal to obey WWE’s new third party platform policy, which has led to a number of wrestlers closing their Twitch and Cameo accounts. Vega also started an OnlyFans account for her cosplay, and this was apparently “the last straw” for WWE.
Zelina has thanked WWE for giving her an opportunity to work there, but Fightful Select has now spoken to a number of wrestlers backstage in WWE, AEW and Impact Wrestling about her release.
Their report reads:
“We’ve gained reactions from all across the wrestling world, from every major company in America on the Zelina/WWE split.
“Most were looking for information themselves, as details are few and far between. Most everyone is shocked, but one person on Smackdown did tell us that if one person was going to stand their ground on the third party situation, they felt like it would be Zelina. However, we aren’t sure that she actually did that.
“Several AEW talent were surprised about the move, with one even noting that WWE doesn’t realize what they have in Zelina, and they’d ‘lost their minds.’
“An IMPACT wrestler told us they would push for her to come back to the company as she has history there.”
According to Fightful, one SmackDown star has said that Zelina did in fact make an attempt to appease WWE, but the company’s mind had already been made up.
You can subscribe to Fightful Select right here.
- Dakota Kai Teases War Games For WWE Clash At The Castle
- William Regal Believes NXT UK Stars Have Been Treated Fairly
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match
- WWE Raw After WrestleMania 39 Location Revealed
- Ronda Rousey Pokes Fun At WWE ‘Budget Cuts’
- Matt Hardy Says Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative Opens The Door For Many Returns
- Corey Graves Having More Fun On WWE Commentary With Triple H In Charge
- Kane Provides Huge Update On Wrestling Future
- PROGRESS Chapter 137 Results: New World Champion Crowned
- Ari Daivari Under Full-Time Deal With AEW