It has been revealed by Fightful Select that former WWE Universal Champion Braun Strowman held talks with AEW following his WWE release on June 2, 2021.
In the report, Fightful point out that while talks were held, IMPACT Wrestling is very much the frontrunner in terms of securing Strowman’s signature.
The report notes that there is a big push within IMPACT to get Braun Strowman on board, and that it’s not a secret from talent. Fightfil has not confirmed any kind of contract signing, but note many within IMPACT believe Braun is heading there soon.
Along with Bray Wyatt, Strowman is likely the most shocking of WWE’s 2021 releases, as there were no hints he was unhappy, or that WWE were planning on letting him go.
If he was to sign with IMPACT, we could still see him on AEW TV at some point, considering how closely the two promotions have been working over the past year.
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?
- Former WWE Star Paul London ‘Insulted’ By Offer From AEW
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 27, 2022
- WWE Changes Ludwig Kaiser’s Name For Second Time This Week
- WWE Locker Room Against Sasha Banks But Not Naomi After Walkout Controversy?
- NJPW Officially Addresses ‘Severe Disagreement’ With Kota Ibushi
- Tony Khan Takes Shots At WWE Changing Money In The Bank Location
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them
- Queen Zelina Injured, Timeline For Return Revealed
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022