A new report has revealed who pitched the reported potential changes suggested for Adam Cole in WWE, ahead of the former NXT Champion choosing to sign with AEW.
It has now been noted, in the most recent edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, that these ideas were suggested by WWE Senior Vice President Bruce Prichard.
As per Dave Meltzer, everyone knew how good Cole was, but WWE officials felt he was too small to be a top star on the main roster.
Cole has previously stated that he was never informed of the reported plan to have him become a manager in WWE. He reportedly told WWE during negotiations he would refuse to cut his hair.
The report also noted that WWE officials believe the company is producing the best pro-wrestling product, and can ‘ride it out’ regarding competition from the likes of AEW.
Friday’s edition of WWE SmackDown and AEW Rampage ran directly against one another for 30 minutes. You can check out the full demographic breakdown of the half-hour head-to-head here.
- Bray Wyatt’s New Ring Name Revealed?
- Report: Huge ROH Show Announcement Imminent
- Amanda Huber Shares Heartbreaking Story Behind An Infamous Brodie Lee Pic
- Lio Rush Provides Update On Shoulder Injury & Return Plans (Exclusive)
- Kenny Omega On Whether He Thought Forbidden Door Would Actually Happen
- AEW’s Jungle Boy Out With An Injury
- More Matches Announced For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door Buy-In
- Stipulation Added To AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door Six Man Tag Match
- Original Plan For WWE Hall Of Famer To Manage MVP
- Ronda Rousey In Action During WWE SmackDown Dark Match