A new report has claimed that these top AEW stars rejected an attempt from a former partner to convince them to leave AEW and join WWE.
It was previously reported that Bobby Fish finished up with AEW after the two sides were unable to come to terms on a new deal.
This followed reports of WWE contacting contracted AEW stars in regards to re-signing with the company.
Ryan Frederick, who writes for the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, talked about a new report on the Wrestling Observer message board that Bobby Fish tried to get his former Undisputed Era stablemates to ask for their AEW release.
I posted it in the Bobby Fish thread but I know Fish was trying to get them to Cole and Kyle to ask for their releases to go back to WWE and they both told him no.
It’s possible Cole may have clued Tony in. If he did, I doubt he was the only one. I’m sure Swerve was one of them who did so.
Both Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly have several years left on their AEW deals after signing last year and it appears that they are happy where they are.
It’s still unclear what is next for Bobby Fish after his attempt to reform Undisputed Era in WWE came up short.
As previously noted, Fish has some lingering issues with CM Punk that he has been very vocal about.
Transcription via Wrestlingnews.co
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Announces Signing Of Former AEW Star Jade Cargill
- Triple H Comments On Jade Cargill Signing With WWE
- Last Man Standing Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- AEW Star Sends Message To Jade Cargill After Signing With WWE
- Tony Khan Comments On Jade Cargill After WWE Signing
- Update On Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- John Cena Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- TV Show Featuring CM Punk Canceled
- Jade Cargill Comments On Officially Becoming A WWE Star
- Top AEW Star Is Happy Being ‘Guinea Pig’ For ‘Crazy Stuff’