The ongoing backstage issues in AEW have been the talk of the wrestling world recently, with tensions escalating during the AEW All Out media scrum.
CM Punk went on a rant against the Executive Vice Presidents of the company, which led to a backstage fight between Punk, Ace Steel and the Elite after the scrum was over.
Per Sports Illustrated, AEW has issued suspensions to everyone involved in the fight, being Kenny Omega, the Young Bucks, Pat Buck, Brandon Cutler, Christopher Daniels and Michael Nakazawa.
SI then spoke about Punk and Ace Steel, who were not listed among the suspensions. The report notes that multiple sources have said that Punk and Steel will either be among those suspended, or will no longer be with the company by the end of Wednesday.
The report goes on to say that CM Punk met with Tony Khan on Tuesday, so the two had an opportunity to discuss how that exit could be handled.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Major WWE Contract Expiring After WrestleMania 39
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver
- Report: WWE Talent Morale Affected By Vince McMahon Concerns
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- Surprise Ambush To End WWE NXT
- More On Rumored New WWE Championship Belt
- Hilarious Guess From WWE Week On Wheel Of Fortune [VIDEO]
- AEW Star Shares Future Plans After Announcing Departure From Company