New reports from both Andrew Zarian and Sean Ross Sapp have revealed Cody Rhodes’ team has been in contact with WWE after he and wife Brandi Rhodes left AEW earlier today.
Shortly after Rhodes’ departure from AEW was announced, Andrew Zarian tweeted:
“I can confirm that Cody’s camp has been in contact with WWE officials.”
Shortly afterwards, Sean Ross Sapp updated his earlier report regarding Cody leaving AEW, and echoed Zarian’s report regarding Cody already being in possible talks with WWE.
“Shortly before the announcement, WWE officials were aware of the situation and also knew that an announcement would be dropped. We’ve heard that the two sides have at the least had discussions, but WWE was well aware that an announcement regarding Rhodes’ departure would be made at 10 am EST.”
Time will tell as to whether Cody Rhodes does re-sign with WWE, but there’s no doubt this is the biggest AEW departure in the promotion’s short history.
We will bring you any further information when it becomes available to us.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- ‘Crazy’ Plans For AEW Double Or Nothing 2023