Sasha Banks has not wrestled on SmackDown since the first taping of the year where she teamed with best friend Bayley to take in a three-way tag team bout that also featured Lacey Evans & Dana Brooke and Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross.
Since then, it has been reported that Sasha Banks has not been cleared to compete by WWE Doctors. It is believed that “The Boss” is dealing with an ankle injury.
However, PWInsider is reporting that the former Raw and NXT Women’s Champion is set to be at tonight’s taping of Friday Night SmackDown:
“Sasha Banks, who has been out injured with what is believed to have been an ankle issue, is scheduled to be at tomorrow’s SmackDown taping.”
Sasha Banks was reportedly at SmackDown last week but did not appear on-screen. It remains to be seen whether Banks will make her return to TV tonight.
Sasha was originally set to face Bayley for the SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley at WrestleMania. However, plans changed and WWE now has Naomi pencilled in for that role.
It remains to be seen whether Naomi was given the role because of Banks’ injury of because of a change in creative direction. For the latest on this story, stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com.
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups