It was announced yesterday by AEW President Tony Khan that AEW Dynamite will be moving to TBS from January 2022.
This raised a lot of questions, one of which was what would happen to the TNT Championship if the show was no longer on TNT.
Well, according to Dave Meltzer on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, the belt won’t be getting a name change, so we won’t have a TBS Champion in the future.
“The TNT Title will be staying, so will be named the TNT Title on TBS. Obviously things can change, but I was told yeah, they’re gonna keep the TNT Championship.”
Probably a smart move, as TNT works very well with AEW’s Dynamite branding, and despite being a relatively new belt, it already has a lot of history, having been held by Cody Rhodes, Darby Allin and of course the late, great Brodie Lee.
As Meltzer notes, this could of course change between now and January when the show changes channels, but it’s unlikely.
We will keep you updated with any further information regarding AEW Dynamite moving to TBS.
If you use this quote or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com for the transcription and link to this page
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- Planned AEW PPV Match ‘In Jeopardy’
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- The Miz Comments On Dolph Ziggler WWE Release
- Released WWE Star ‘Promises To Keep Going’ Following Release