WrestleMania 39 may be under five months away, but there’s no doubt that WWE is planning big things for its Hollywood show.
That’s not to take away from the names that could become available to WWE in the months leading up to WrestleMania.
One name that has popped up in the conversation has been CM Punk, currently contracted to AEW.
If Punk was to become available, one of the dream matches fans would surely be clamoring for would be Punk vs Steve Austin.
Meltzer reported that WWE and Austin are currently in discussions for a WrestleMania return, adding:
“It’s all hands on deck. They’ve got two nights of WrestleMania and there’s big money matches he (Austin) can do.”
If you use this transcription please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page
The idea of a CM Punk return to WWE may be on the cards, if recent reports of Triple H’s softer stance are to be believed.
Any such agreement, however, would have to be financially and creatively viable for both parties.
Of course, there are plenty of other names Austin could come back to face if a Punk return isn’t on the cards.
Austin took on Kevin Owens at WrestleMania 38 this past April in his first match in 19 years, and it looks like it went down a treat for everyone involved.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- AEW Star Needs Career-Threatening Surgery
- Uncle Howdy Gets New Female Companion On SmackDown?
- Major Update On Randy Orton WWE Return
- WWE Star Competes Injured & Sustains Another Injury
- Big Return On WWE SmackDown You Might Have Missed!
- Potential Spoilers On Bray Wyatt Plans For SmackDown November 25
- What Happens When You Call Uncle Howdy
- Another WWE Name Change On SmackDown
- Current Champion Wants Triple H To Bring Back Another Released WWE Name
- Colt Cabana Reveals He Almost Died During AEW Dynamite Match