It is being reported that three-time WWE World Champion Jeff Hardy, who hasn’t wrestled since last April, was backstage at SmackDown last night.
The report from PWInsider also notes that he is scheduled to be at next week’s SmackDown taping, so it looks like it’ll be the blue brand he’s on when he returns to TV.
Hardy has been out of action since April due to a knee injury that required surgery, and has had some highly publicised personal issues during that time including a public intoxication arrest in July and a DWI arrest in October.
Due to the time he’s been on the sidelines, WWE has extended his contract beyond the March 1 date that he initially signed to, which is the date his brother Matt’s expires.
There is no word on whether Jeff has signed a new contract or if he’s just finishing up his current one.
Matt, on the other hand, looks to be a nigh-on certainty to leave the company on March 1 after publicly addressing creative frustrations and seemingly being written off TV by being killed in the head by Randy Orton.
- WWE Hall Of Famer Reacts To Trinity Fatu Tribute At IMPACT Under Siege 2023
- Big Update On WWE World Heavyweight Championship Lineage After Seth Rollins’ Win
- Cody Rhodes Shares Message Ahead Of Brock Lesnar Match At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Roman Reigns Shares Final Message Before WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Paul Heyman Breaks Silence After Jimmy Uso Bloodline Betrayal
- VIDEO: Jimmy Uso Turns On Roman Reigns, Jey Uso Reacts
- Ex-NXT Star Helps Trish Stratus Beat Becky Lynch At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- AEW Star Opens Up About Fears That He’d Be Forced To Retire
- WWE Crowns New World Heavyweight Champion At Night Of Champions
- Top WWE Women’s Division Star Responds To Asuka Title Win At Night Of Champions 2023