It’s being reported that newly returned WWE Raw star Jinder Mahal is set to receive a big push in the coming months.
Jinder Mahal defeated Jeff Hardy last night, which was his first match on Raw in over a year after a lengthy absence due to injuries.
WrestlingNews.co is reporting that WWE is in the process of building up Mahal ahead of a feud with Drew McIntyre in the summer, hence his win over Hardy.
Mahal is now flanked by his new associates Veer and Shanky. Veer used to be Rinku Singh in NXT’s Indus-Sher tag team, while Shanky was a student of the Great Khali and competed on the Superstar Spectacle show earlier this year.
Many fans were concerned about Hardy losing so decisively, but the report notes that he still has two more years on his contract and WWE is simply “rotating talent” right now, which is why the likes of Angel Garza and Humberto Carrillo are currently being pushed.
- WWE Leadership ‘Questioned’ Internally For Not Signing Major Free Agent
- WWE Name Released By The Company
- Major WWE Star Confirmed To Be ‘Free Agent’
- More WWE Departures Confirmed
- Identities Of Several WWE Departures Confirmed
- Bryan Danielson Discusses CM Punk’s AEW Departure & WWE Return
- Absent WWE Stars Expected At SmackDown
- Another Tease For Major WWE Signing?
- CM Punk Next WWE Appearance Date Announced
- AEW Star Says Last Few Months Of Creative Have Been ‘Frustrating’