Here is the latest on Johnny Gargano’s wrestling future, following his WWE departure in December.
Gargano recently confirmed that he had planned to let his WWE contract expire in late 2021, ahead of the birth of his and Candice LeRae’s first child.
The former NXT Champion also debunked rumors that he left NXT due to the brand’s reboot, fuelling speculation that Gargano will return to WWE in the future.
There had previously been reports that Gargano was interested in signing with AEW, with several AEW stars noting that they’d love him to join the company.
Per the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Gargano has yet to decide on his next long-term move:
“Gargano didn’t say this on (The Sessions with Renee Paquette), but right now he is looking at the landscape and deciding what to do next and that answer seems to change daily.”
Gargano has opened up about feeling like he doesn’t know where his place is in the current landscape of wrestling, which you can read more about right here.
Stay up to date with every WWE departure of 2022 using our tracker right here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Date For Major WWE International Show Revealed?