Tony Khan announced on Monday (November 2) night that former AEW Champion Jon Moxley would be taking time away from the ring after admitting himself to an inpatient alcohol treatment program.
Support for Moxley has flooded in from across the wrestling world, with everyone wishing him the best as he enters this challenging chapter of his life.
On last night’s episode of AEW Dynamite, Moxley was replaced by Miro in the AEW Championship eliminator tournament, with Miro defeating Orange Cassidy to earn a match against Bryan Danielson at Full Gear.
Had Moxley not taken time away from the ring, it appears as though AEW was planning to give him a new gimmick.
Speaking on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer explained Jon Moxley was set for a “personality change”, but didn’t specify whether he meant a heel turn or simply a new babyface gimmick.
While consistently playing the badass babyface character in AEW, Moxley has never been a heel in AEW, so it could have been his first ever change, had he remained on TV.
Once again, we’d like to wish Jon the best during his rehab, and hope to see him back in the ring once he is ready.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Cody Rhodes Drives Big Wedge Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa?
- Jey Uso Answers To Roman Reigns On WWE Raw
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- NXT Star Makes WWE Main Roster Debut