When Paul Wight said on AEW Dynamite this week that a major free agent would be debuting for the promotion at Revolution tonight, one of the names that fans speculated with regards to the signing was Batista.
Speaking about the possibility of Batista being the major star to debut at Revolution tonight, Dave Meltzer said he didn’t think it was the former WWE Champion, but noted that the two parties have held discussions before.
On the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer explained that Batista and All Elite Wrestling (AEW) have held talks before, having the following to say on the matter:
“I don’t think that it’s Dave Bautista, but I do know they’ve discussed it.”
Dave Meltzer did not reveal exactly when AEW and Batista supposedly had these contract talks, so make sure you stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for any additional information on the matter.
Speaking about who this mystery signing could be, Dave Meltzer also noted that a former WWE Superstar, who some people have speculated, is booked for a signing so likely won’t be appearing on the PPV.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- PHOTO: AEW Star Shows Off Stitches On His Face After Bloody Match
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan
- Seth Rollins On WWE World Heavyweight Championship: ‘We’re Not Naïve’