Yesterday, Matt Hardy confirmed that he is now a free agent following the expiration of his WWE contract. In a clip uploaded to YouTube, Hardy spoke at length about his tenure in WWE and said that the company is his home.
It is widely expected that Hardy will end up in AEW and may even be revealed as the Exalted leader of The Dark Order. However, reports have suggested he may actually stay with WWE.
Taking to Twitter, Ryan Satin is reporting that Matt Hardy is being “honest” with all parties about his situation now, but is definitely a free agent.
Satin would go on to add that the door is not closed for Hardy to re-sign with WWE in the coming weeks, as there is significant interest from the company to move him to NXT.
For those wondering, I’ve confirmed with multiple sources that Matt Hardy is being honest about his situation at the moment. His WWE deal has expired and he is now a free agent.
However, the door is not closed on remaining with WWE as a whole as there is still interest from NXT.
— Ryan Satin (@ryansatin) March 2, 2020
As someone with a brilliant creative mind for the business, hardy would be a great asset to NXT, helping the younger guys and girls to find their perfect gimmick.
However, I still widely expect Hardy to end up in AEW as the leader of The Dark Order, possibly even as early as Wednesday night’s Dynamite show.
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?
- WWE Faction To Add New Members Soon?
- WWE Stars Announce Engagement (Photos)