Mexican star El Hijo del Fantasma – also known as King Cuerno in Lucha Underground – is expected to join WWE in September, reports the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
WWE has reportedly been interested in Fantasma since the first season of Lucha Underground, but his contract there – which ended this past March – was preventing any potential move.
Fantasma is 35 years of age, and WWE was reportedly attracted to him due to his ability to speak fluent English, as well as being a great in-ring worker.
He is a former Lucha Underground Gift of the Gods Champion, and has also won multiple titles in both AAA and CMLL.
It was also noted that a number of other “major” names were expected to join Fantasma in signing with WWE and being unveiled in September.
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- Jon Moxley Reveals Why He Was ‘F**king Furious’ About Recent AEW Show
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- Jon Moxley Has High Praise For Surprising AEW Star
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character
- Top AEW Star’s Return Date Confirmed