A new report has revealed that MJF is frustrated about his current AEW contract, following his recent heated exchange with AEW President Tony Khan.
MJF recently appeared on the Ariel Helwani Show, and spoke about his AEW tenure, as well as his fondness of WWE’s product.
Tony Khan has reportedly taken issue with the fact that MJF had accepted an interview without the promotion’s permission.
Per Sean Ross Sapp during his Fightful Select Backstage Report podcast, MJF is frustrated about his contract, and wants to be paid more.
It was pointed out that a number of stars who joined AEW after MJF earn more than the AEW original.
MJF has been vocal about his contract expiring in 2024. On the Ariel Helwani Show, the star stated that he wouldn’t consider re-signing with AEW unless he was offered an “absolutely astronomical” sum of money.
You can read more on the backstage fallout of MJF and Tony Khan’s heated exchange right here.
- Kenny Omega Hits Back At ‘Fans’ Sending Jade Cargill Hate Following WWE Switch
- Mustafa Ali’s Replacement Against Dominik Mysterio At NXT No Mercy Revealed
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- WWE Match Pulled From Show
- Brian Pillman Jr Introduced On WWE NXT
- WWE Star Debuts Brand New Look & Entrance Theme After Big Makeover
- Becky Lynch Shares Honest Thoughts On Jade Cargill
- Malakai Black Addresses Current Absence & Lack Of AEW Singles Matches
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- WWE Name Confirms In-Ring Retirement