The WWE main roster currently has 10 active championships, but the idea to introduce another has reportedly been pitched.
On the August 3 episode of Raw, we saw the debut of Raw Underground, a new concept hosted by Shane McMahon revolving around worked ‘shoot fights’ in an underground fight club.
BeltFanDan on Twitter, who has previously and recently broken news about championship belts in WWE, is reporting that an idea was pitched to introduce a Raw Underground Championship. He tweeted:
Supposedly the idea of a Raw Underground Championship was pitched. Suggestions included it looking beat up like the Hardcore belt with spray paint and simulated brick texturing.
Raw Underground so far has been used to introduce new faces such as Dabba-Kato (Babatunde), Arturo Ruas, Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir, but has also allowed more established names to compete in a new environment to potentially rejuvenate their careers, like Dolph Ziggler and the Viking Raiders.
Do you think the addition of a specialist championship would make Raw Underground more interesting? Let us know your thoughts in the replies on Twitter.
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- AEW Announces Championship Belt Redesign
- Another AEW Double Or Nothing Match To Be Added?
- Bobby Lashley Teases Brock Lesnar WWE Return
- Nikkita Lyons Provides Injury Update After Being Pulled From NXT 2.0
- Jeff Cobb & Great-O-Khan Make AEW Dynamite Appearance
- Update On How Long Stephanie McMahon Will Be Away From WWE
- Men’s Owen Hart Foundation Tournament Final Set For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan