A new WWE NXT programming concept has been discussed and was in planning stages before the recent COVID-19 outbreak, as per a new report.
Per Fightful Select an idea originally dubbed ‘NXT Underground’ was pitched a while ago. This was well before Raw Underground and the two are not related despite the similarities in the names.
It was noted that it was floated around last year but not everyone was on board with it, and there was a even a pilot for it shot in the summer of 2019 at the Performance Center.
Most recently, some talent in NXT that hasn’t been used much, as well as new EVOLVE signings, were planned to be involved. It’s not known how exactly the COVID-19 outbreak has affected these plans.
It would seem that this idea would be presented as a product in its own right, rather than being a segment on regular NXT TV episodes.
Ryan Katz, who is a creative producer in NXT, is credited for having the idea for this project.
- WWE Ends 36-Year Tradition
- Major Bryan Danielson Update Following AEW Collision Injury Scare
- WWE Star Ruled Out For 8-12 Months With Legitimate Injury
- 14 New WWE Signings Confirmed
- Popular AEW Star Nearing Return After Over A Year Away?
- AEW Star Returns After Eight Months Off TV
- Rhea Ripley & Other Stars React To Incredible Moment At WWE Event
- Video Footage Of Brock Lesnar’s Daughter Shattering Records For Shot Put
- AEW Champion Attacked Backstage, Unable To Compete
- Potential New Member Of Christian Cage’s AEW Faction Revealed?