Following her return on WWE NXT TV last night, there is said to have been no heat on Mercedes Martinez for asking to move away from Raw and turning down a spot in RETRIBUTION.
Fightful is reporting that people within WWE don’t blame Martinez for turning down a spot in the group, with one Raw star telling Fightful that she “didn’t ruin anything”:
As seen on tonight’s NXT, Mercedes Martinez is back on the brand. Shortly before the WWE draft, Fightful learned that she asked to return to the brand and no longer wished to be in Retribution. There was said to be no significant heat on her, with one person on Raw telling Fightful “you’ve seen the plans for Retribution, she didn’t ruin anything”
Mercedes Martinez returned on NXT last night to attack the current NXT Women’s Champion Io Shirai. It’s likely that the two will be feuding as we head out of 2020 and into 2021.
Based on how RETRIBUTION are being treated on Raw, and considering that her first feud back in NXT will likely be with Io Shirai for the title, you cannot blame Mercedes Martinez for making the decision she did.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- Top Star Wants ‘Correct Amount Of Money’ For CM Punk Forbidden Door Match
- Another Championship Match Announced For June 7 AEW Dynamite
- Solo Sikoa Hints At Jey Uso’s Potential Bloodline Future
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- WWE Tag Team Confirmed For Match Against Each Other