On the latest episode of Monday Night Raw, Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode teamed together for the first time.
On the show, the duo won an eight-team tag team turmoil match, elimination four other teams in the process.
As a result, they will challenge Braun Strowman and Seth Rollins for the Raw Tag Team Championships at Clash of Champions next month.
It was recently reported that the pair were only paired together as WWE felt they would both work well with the much larger Braun Strowman.
However, Dave Meltzer is reporting in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Raw’s Executive Director Paul Heyman is actually a big fan of Robert Roode.
Meltzer notes that Monday saw the start of a big push for Roode and Ziggler as a team:
The show was about creating new tag title contenders in one night by having a gauntlet match, and using Roode & Ziggler in that role winning four times. Heyman is a proponent of Roode so this was kind of meant as a showcase to get him going after he was slotted as a nobody for so long.
Taking this into consideration, it seems quite likely that Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler will be walking out of Clash of Champions on September 15th with the Raw Tag Team Championships.
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For June 9, 2023
- Spoilers On Popular Star’s ROH Debut
- Paul Heyman Reveals Vince McMahon’s Involvement In Turning Roman Reigns Heel
- PHOTO: Top AEW Star Shows Off New Head Tattoo
- Real Reason WWE Planned Seth Rollins Vs. Bron Breakker
- WWE ‘Real, Real High’ On Recently Debuted Stars
- AEW Referee To Wrestle In Upcoming Match
- WWE Creative Decision Made Roman Reigns Say ‘I’ve Had Enough’
- Triple H Rejected Popular WWE Faction
- AEW Stars Set For Big Tag Team Run This Summer?