A report has provided a huge update on Pete Dunne’s WWE contract status, ahead of tonight’s episode of “new” NXT.
As per Fightful Select, Pete Dunne has agreed to a long-term contract with WWE. This afternoon, Dunne reportedly signed a three-year deal that was said to have been personally offered to the former NXT UK Champion by Triple H, before he was side-lined with health issues.
It had previously been reported that Dunne had been offered a new deal in August, following his surprise contract expiration in July. Adam Cole’s contract expiration in June also reportedly caught WWE by surprise. Cole signed a short-term extension, before joining AEW earlier this month.
It was speculated that Dunne would also sign with AEW after the British star stated that he sincerely hopes he gets the opportunity to stand across the ring from Bryan Danielson one day.
On tonight’s edition of “NXT 2.0”, Dunne faces off against Kyle O’Reilly, LA Knight and Tommaso Ciampa for the vacant NXT Championship.
- Roman Reigns Next Three Title Challengers Revealed
- Huge Update On Triple H WWE Status
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE SmackDown
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Stephanie McMahon Departure Announcement ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
- WWE Talent ‘Could Not Understand’ Why Sasha Banks & Naomi Walked Out
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- AEW’s Future In Further Doubt Following WarnerMedia Upfronts?
- Here’s Who Pitched Asuka Beating Becky Lynch After Sasha Banks & Naomi Walk-Out
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?