It appears as though WWE is planning on bringing back one of it’s biggest stars, as WrestleVotes is now reporting plans are in place for a ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin return at WrestleMania 38.
According to the report, Austin won’t be wrestling at the show, but it is hoped he will make some kind of appearance.
Talked to a few different source this weekend & heard the same thing, WWE is very interested in having Steve Austin as a part of WrestleMania this year in Dallas. Not in a wrestling role, but a meaningful part of the event outside of just appearing. Up to creative at this point.
— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) December 20, 2021
Austin has not appeared on WWE TV since March 16, 2020, or 3:16 Day as it was marketed by WWE. He gave Stone Cold Stunners to Angelo Dawkins, Montez Ford and Byron Saxton on that occasion.
He has however been active on the WWE Network with his Broken Skull Sessions interview show, which has featured a number of wrestling legends in the past couple of years.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- What Happened With The Bloodline On SmackDown June 2
- Another New Theme For WWE Tag Team
- Another WWE Star Qualifies For Money In The Bank Ladder Match
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- CM Punk Reportedly Interested In Feuding With New AEW Star
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans