It appears as though WWE is planning on bringing back one of it’s biggest stars, as WrestleVotes is now reporting plans are in place for a ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin return at WrestleMania 38.
According to the report, Austin won’t be wrestling at the show, but it is hoped he will make some kind of appearance.
Talked to a few different source this weekend & heard the same thing, WWE is very interested in having Steve Austin as a part of WrestleMania this year in Dallas. Not in a wrestling role, but a meaningful part of the event outside of just appearing. Up to creative at this point.
— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) December 20, 2021
Austin has not appeared on WWE TV since March 16, 2020, or 3:16 Day as it was marketed by WWE. He gave Stone Cold Stunners to Angelo Dawkins, Montez Ford and Byron Saxton on that occasion.
He has however been active on the WWE Network with his Broken Skull Sessions interview show, which has featured a number of wrestling legends in the past couple of years.
- Stephanie McMahon Previous Responsibilities In New WWE Job Listing
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- Cody Rhodes Planned As WWE 2K23 Cover Star?
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Alexa Bliss Reports “Fan” For Death Threats
- Sonny Kiss ‘Still Believes AEW Is For Everyone’ Despite Long TV Hiatus
- Nikkita Lyons Pulled From NXT Women’s Breakout Tournament Due To Injury
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- NXT Women’s Breakout Tournament Final Set