The scheduled NXT Women’s Championship match between Raquel Gonzalez and Franky Monet will reportedly not happen on tonight’s show.
As per Fightful Select (subscription required), the company has been aware of the change to the September 14 card since Monday morning. The reason the match has been pulled is currently unknown, and it is unclear whether either competitor will be in action on the show.
Tonight’s episode will be the first of the brand’s new era, NXT 2.0. After Samoa Joe relinquished the NXT Championship, it was announced that the #1 contender’s four-way bout previously scheduled for the show will now be for the vacant title. The episode will also feature Dexter Lumis and Indi Hartwell’s wedding ceremony.
Fightful also noted that as of 11:15 AM, some talent had already arrived at the venue ahead of tonight’s show. Another report recently stated that there is “great sense of unease” within the NXT locker room about the upcoming taping.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- PHOTO: First Look At Vince McMahon’s ‘Creepy Mustache’
- Update On Major WWE Return Rumored For WrestleMania 39
- WWE Main Roster Star Causes Major Title Change At NXT Stand & Deliver
- WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event Revealed
- Big Spoiler On Plans For Rey Mysterio Vs. Dominik Mysterio At WrestleMania 39
- Confirmation On Bobby Lashley’s WrestleMania 39 Status?
- WWE Star Thinks Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Situation Is ‘Inexcusable’
- Tony Khan Says Former WWE Star In ROH Is ‘Never Going To Happen’
- Top WWE Star ‘Not Comfortable’ With Cody Rhodes Backstage Fight Story
- Injury Update On Dante Martin After ROH Supercard Of Honor