In the opening match of this week’s AEW: Dynamite, Private Party teamed with Joey Janela to take on Matt Hardy and The Young Bucks in six-man tag team action. While the match was very entertaining, it is what happened after the bout that will have fans talking for weeks.
Following the match, Matt Hardy assisted Marq Quen of Private Party to the back after he seemed to tweak his knee, this allowed The Butcher and The Blade to run in an attack The Young Bucks, only for FTR (formerly The Revival) to make the save.
Interestingly, PWInsider has noted that Marq Quen’s injury was a work that was used to remove Matt Hardy from the ring to allow The Butcher and The Blade to attack, which ultimately set up the debuts of FTR.
“The injury to Marq Quen on Dynamite during the opening six man tag was a worked injury to set up Matt Hardy’s exit (helping him to the back) to explain why he left as the Butcher and The Blade attacked the Bucks, leading into FTR hitting the ring.”
This is great news for AEW, as the go-home episode of Dynamite saw injuries to Matt Jackson, Britt Baker and Rey Fenix, so another injury to Marq Quen on this week’s show would have been far from ideal.
With regards to FTR and The Young Bucks, it has been theorised that the duo will be going head-to-head in a dream match that has been fantasy booked for years at All Out in September, a show that will hopefully have fans in attendance.
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- AEW Match Stopped Due To Injury
- Dustin Rhodes Opens Up About Cody Rhodes
- What CM Punk Told Kenny Omega After All Out Backstage Fight
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- AEW Star Shares Message For Dominik Mysterio Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match