A new report has revealed that Rey Mysterio was recently told that WWE planned to split him and Dominik, and let his son wrestle as a solo act.
A Mysterios split has been teased for months, with reports stating that the father-son duo will begin feuding emerging in late 2021.
Per Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Rey was informed of WWE’s plans to make Dominik a singles star while he was off getting stem cell therapy.
“There’s been a lot of talk of splitting them up for like months…even when Aalyah was around, when they were doing the tension between Rey and Dominik all the time and then they just dropped the ball every single time and they would forget about it and everything. They probably set up the split like 3 or 4 times.
“I know that they were told this time when Rey took the time off to get stem cell (therapy) and they did the injury angle with Dominik that ‘you know, we’re gonna have Dominik go on his own,’ which they have said before that they were gonna do that. But the problem is that Dominik on his own is gonna be dead. Rey will always be over because he’s Rey Mysterio but I don’t know that they will ever really do anything with him because between the size and the age.”
The duo returned on Monday’s (May 16) edition of WWE Raw, saving Mustafa Ali from a beatdown at the hands of Veer Mahaan.
Stay up to date with WWE TV win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Transcription via WrestlingNews.co.
- Full Recap – Tony Khan Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call
- Report: WWE Using Robert Roode To ‘Teach’ Veer Mahaan
- Here’s Who Decided Stephanie McMahon Should Replace Vince McMahon
- Lineup For AEW Blood & Guts Match Revealed
- Original Plan For Jon Moxley At Forbidden Door Before CM Punk Injury
- Lio Rush Explains The Difference Between NXT & WWE Raw Locker Room (Exclusive)
- Sasha Banks Spotted With Another New Look
- Real Reason Sammy Guevara Joined Jericho Appreciation Society
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022
- WWE Star AJ Styles Used For Bizarre Colonoscopy Billboard