2019 and 2020 have been tough years for Ring of Honor. In 2019, the company lost The Elite and all their buddies to AEW. Then in 2020, the company quit touring or creating wrestling content altogether because of the pandemic.
According to a report from Sean Ross Sapp at Fightful Select, ROH is set to go through a massive overhaul. Here is what Sean is reporting:
“Several sources have told us that Ring of Honor is planning a bit of a program revamp, at least according to those within the company and what they tell Fightful. We’ve learned that ROH officials have told incoming superstars that they’re hoping to rejuvenate the brand as a whole from top to bottom…We’ve heard that plans were in motion for that to occur ahead of the pandemic, but it looks like it will be closer to the end of the year now.”
According to the report, the overhaul will include revitalizing the women’s division, production changes, and much more. If you’ve seen any of the ROH Pure Tournament, you’ve seen ROH has upped their production values for the television tapings.
ROH had handed the creative keys over to Marty Scurll. However, it appears Scurll is on a hiatus at the minimum. Sapp says there is no update on the status of Scurll and ROH.
Delirious has been handling the booking and Jonathan Gresham took over control of the women’s division.
- Full Recap – Tony Khan Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022
- Tony Khan Provides Update On ‘Forbidden Door II’
- Lio Rush Explains The Difference Between NXT & WWE Raw Locker Room (Exclusive)
- Stephanie McMahon Addresses Vince McMahon Situation In WWE Meeting
- Full Audio: Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call With Tony Khan
- Tony Khan Addresses Jeff Hardy Arrest & Jon Moxley Comparisons
- Bayley Provides Update On Injury Status
- Kenny Omega Provides Update On Timetable For Return
- Gisele Shaw Comes Out As Transgender