It has been reported that the return of former Universal Champion Roman Reigns last night at at the SummerSlam pay-per-view event was kept “top secret” by higher-ups backstage.
Ringside News is reporting that “nobody knew” that “The Big Dog” was going to return at SummerSlam last night, making his first appearance in a WWE ring since before WrestleMania 36 in March.
The site is reporting that higher-ups opted to keep Roman’s return a surprise from pretty much everyone, almost certainly to ensure that it didn’t leak that he would be making his highly-anticipated comeback at the show:
Ringside News has learned that Roman Reigns’ return was kept as a top secret. We were told that “nobody knew” he was coming back. The finish of the match was just starting to get around minutes prior to the main event match starting.
A member of the creative team who was backstage at the time told Ringside News, “I don’t know where he was, he was hidden.” It was also said that “this has been total top secret.”
For those that didn’t catch the show, Roman Reigns attacked both Universal Champion The Fiend and Roman Reigns at the end of SummerSlam to close out the show last night. You can check out his return below.
Speaking of returns, it has been revealed that a former NXT Champion will be returning on Raw tonight, possibly with a new gimmick. You can read more about that by clicking here.
- Kenny Omega Hits Back At ‘Fans’ Sending Jade Cargill Hate Following WWE Switch
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Becky Lynch Shares Honest Thoughts On Jade Cargill
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Malakai Black Addresses Current Absence & Lack Of AEW Singles Matches
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- WWE Name Confirms In-Ring Retirement
- Tony Khan Provides Update On Wardlow’s AEW Future