It has been reported that the return of former Universal Champion Roman Reigns last night at at the SummerSlam pay-per-view event was kept “top secret” by higher-ups backstage.
Ringside News is reporting that “nobody knew” that “The Big Dog” was going to return at SummerSlam last night, making his first appearance in a WWE ring since before WrestleMania 36 in March.
The site is reporting that higher-ups opted to keep Roman’s return a surprise from pretty much everyone, almost certainly to ensure that it didn’t leak that he would be making his highly-anticipated comeback at the show:
Ringside News has learned that Roman Reigns’ return was kept as a top secret. We were told that “nobody knew” he was coming back. The finish of the match was just starting to get around minutes prior to the main event match starting.
A member of the creative team who was backstage at the time told Ringside News, “I don’t know where he was, he was hidden.” It was also said that “this has been total top secret.”
For those that didn’t catch the show, Roman Reigns attacked both Universal Champion The Fiend and Roman Reigns at the end of SummerSlam to close out the show last night. You can check out his return below.
Speaking of returns, it has been revealed that a former NXT Champion will be returning on Raw tonight, possibly with a new gimmick. You can read more about that by clicking here.
- WWE Finds Another $5 Million In Payments By Vince McMahon That Should Have Been Classed As Company Expenses
- Huge Change Coming To AEW PPVs?
- AEW Stars’ Current Belief About MJF’s Status
- Tony Khan Drops Huge Tease For AEW ‘Quake By The Lake’
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW’s Anna Jay Officially Undergoes Name Change
- John Cena Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Revealed
- Ariya Daivari Working As Producer For AEW
- Triple H Splits Up WWE Tag Team
- Mandy Rose Calls Herself This NXT 2.0 Star’s ‘Mother’