It was reported earlier this week that Rusev’s WWE contract is due to expire in the near future. There is currently no word on whether or not the former United States Champion will re-sign.
However, the Smackdown star’s recent social media activity would suggest he is far from happy with his position within Vince McMahon’s company.
I’m not. It’s normal. He is the bosses son. https://t.co/kbkEUTqAPL
— Miro (@ToBeMiro) June 19, 2019
However, it appears that Rusev’s wife Lana does not share the same feelings as her husband. Brad Shepard of the “Oh, You Didn’t Know Wrestling Show” is reporting that while Rusev wants to leave the company, Lana wants him to re-sign.
According to a source in #WWE, @RusevBUL wants out, but @LanaWWE is pushing him to re-sign. He expects her to follow him if talks fall through.
— Brad Shepard UNLEASHED (@ItsBradShepard) June 27, 2019
Shepard’s report also suggests that Rusev expects Lana to leave with him if he decides not to sign a new deal with WWE.
It should be noted that Brad Shepard does not have the best track record with WWE backstage scoops, so take this one with a pinch of salt.
WrestleTalk will provide more information on the matter if and when it becomes available.
Buy WrestleTalk’s Almanac Volume 2 by clicking the image below.
- Cody Rhodes Claims He Almost Got Into A Backstage Fight With Top WWE Star
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Revealed: Will Vince McMahon Be At WrestleMania 39
- AEW Star Legitimately Injured On Dynamite
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- Confirmation Of Big Change For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major Name To Return To WWE When Company Is Sold?
- Shock Return & Heel Turn On AEW Dynamite
- Tony Khan To Retire Championship Belt Design