It was reported recently that WWE Raw star Samoa Joe had managed to sustain a head injury while filming an advertisement.
While it wasn’t confirmed, it is assumed that the injury was a concussion, which would be of serious concern for Joe and WWE given he has only just recovered from one.
Speaking about Joe’s latest injury, Dave Meltzer explained that Joe could be on risky ground, given Vince McMahon’s tendency to lose faith in someone if they keep getting injured.
Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, he said:
“Now here’s the thing. Now we’re on risky ground because now we’ve had two concussions in a short period of time and you know that’s when it becomes really concerning.”
There is a history in WWE of Vince deciding to give up on wrestlers because they are injury prone or if they don’t immediately get over with a crowd, but you would hope that Joe’s obvious star power will be enough to help him avoid this fate.
Joe was also out for a number of weeks at the start of this year with a broken thumb, so it’s been a while since he’s been able to get a good run of TV time, so hopefully when he returns next he’ll be back for good.
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Name Announced For New ROH Board Of Directors
- AEW Star Says He’s Been Dealing With Torn Triceps, But Now He’s Back
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- WWE Star’s First Match In Nine Months Announced