UPDATE – Another report has now further suggested that Sasha Banks may potentially have been released by WWE – read more here.
Raj Giri of Wrestling Inc is reporting that Sasha Banks has been released by WWE.
WWE has yet to officially confirm the release.
Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful followed up by reporting that when he asked WWE about the release, talent relations didn’t seem to know, so they didn’t confirm she’s been released.
Sapp did mention that Giri has good sources.
UPDATE as of 00:30am ET: Sapp is now reporting:
We’ve been unable to confirm the Sasha Banks news as of yet. She’s on the roster page, WWE reps haven’t confirmed, talent relations hasn’t issued anything to talent, and no internal memos have gone out yet. We’ll keep digging to get an answer. If it happened, it’s been quietly
UPDATE as of 01:13am ET: Sapp is now reporting on Fightful Select:
- WWE reps have not shot down the claim that Banks has been released, but they haven’t confirmed it either. They haven’t been informed, so if it has happened, it’s been kept very quiet
- There has been a claim that Fightful wasn’t able to verify that “Banks’ lawyers were involved and there had been eyes on a physical WWE release”
- WWE sent an “urgent” email out this week to a live event venue to remove Banks from advertising for the event (keep in mind this may have just been due to her suspension)
We’ll continue to provide more clarification as it emerges. The latest update can be found at this link.
Banks had been serving an unpaid suspension from WWE after she and Naomi walked out of the May 16 Raw taping.
I'm hearing Sasha Banks has been released. I don't know if it's he requested it or if it was on WWE's end
— Raj Giri (@TheRajGiri) June 16, 2022
- PHOTOS: Sasha Banks Victim Of Car Break-In
- WWE Reaches Out To AEW Star, Brandi Rhodes WWE In-Ring Return, NXT UK Invades NXT 2.0 – News Bulletin – August 17, 2022
- Santos Escobar Breaks Silence Following NXT Departure
- WWE Spoils Result Of Upcoming Championship Match
- Becky Lynch Shares Update On Shoulder Injury
- Rey Mysterio Still Has CM Punk’s Hair From 2010 Rivalry
- Final Set For G1 Climax 32 Tournament
- Latest On Kenny Omega Absence Ahead Of Potential AEW Return
- Another Debut Announced For Next Week’s NXT 2.0
- Becky Lynch On How Much Creative Freedom She Has With WWE Promos