It’s being reported that a number of wrestlers’ contracts with IMPACT Wrestling are set to expire earlier than originally expected.
As per Fightful Select, multiple re-signings that took place last year were actually announced a while after they happened, which means some deals that appear to have a few months left actually expire on January 1.
It was already known that Ethan Page, Taya Valkyrie, Sami Callihan and Jake Crist had contracts coming up on January 1. Page is expected to leave, Callihan is expected to re-sign, Crist has already announced he’s a free agent, and Valkyrie’s future is unknown.
It’s also been reported previously that Josh Alexander’s contract is expiring later in 2021, so the North may be separated for a while unless Alexander is one of the contracts that expires earlier than first thought.
The report points out that this is pretty important since IMPACT has tapings in January and probably March, so that’s the difference between having someone for four months of TV and not having them at all.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- AEW Star Makes Surprise AAA Appearance, Match Set For TripleMania XXXI
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- AEW Star Wants ‘One More Run’ As A Wrestler
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star
- Absent AEW Star ‘Not Being Brought Up Creatively’
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan