Ever since the Tribal Chief, Roman Reigns, captured the Universal Championship, many fans were speculating about a potential dream championship bout against fellow family member Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson.
Many expected the match to happen at WrestleMania 38 in AT&T Stadium next year, with WWE hoping to sell out the stadium, and the rumours of WWE wanting the Rock for Survivor Series this year.
However, Ringsidenews, who have broken numerous stories recently, is reporting that The Rock may not be on the cards for next year’s show in Dallas after all.
The report claims that Johnson is not currently in consideration for next year’s WrestleMania show, as he is a ‘virtual lock’ for WrestleMania 39 in Hollywood in 2023.
The Rock's return to pro wrestling is one instance of WWE having to book long-term, because his schedule is ridiculously busy.
We were told that next year's WrestleMania isn't looking likely for The Rock, but Dwayne Johnson is "a virtual lock for Hollywood Mania 2023."
— Steve Carrier of Ringside News (@steve_carrier) August 29, 2021
If Reigns and the Rock are set to collide on that show, the Tribal Chief will have hit 30 months as the Universal Champion, which would be by far the longest championship reign of the modern era.
- ‘You Become A Liability’ – Current WWE Name Breaks Silence On Matt Riddle Being Released
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Rare Roman Reigns Match Added To Upcoming WWE Show
- Big Change To WWE Fastlane Match Confirmed?
- Several In WWE ‘Unhappy’ With Recent Release
- Matt Riddle Makes Cryptic Announcement After WWE Release
- Spoilers For AEW Championship Matches Ahead Of WrestleDream
- WWE Star Using IMPACT Wrestler’s Entrance Music
- Major Update On Edge WWE Status Amid Departure Rumours
- Shawn Michaels Addresses Potentially Working With CM Punk In NXT