Last night’s episode of AEW Dynamite was a rather newsworthy show, from the fiery opening segment between CM Punk and Jon Moxley, to Kenny Omega’s return at the end of the show.
The show ended with Omega picking up the win in his return match, defeating Dragon Lee with the One Winged Angel to advance in the AEW Trios Championship tournament.
During the final sixty seconds, Andrade El Idolo and Rush attacked Dragon Lee, laying him out with the Hammerlock DDT and taking his mask.
The end of the show had very little time to breathe, and per Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, this was due to the end of the show being ‘rushed’.
“The finish of the match, they were told, ‘Go right to the finish’. And I guess the original planning was to go longer. Everything in the last two minutes of the show was very rushed to fill in what was supposed to happen.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page
Kenny Omega took to the microphone after last night’s show went off the air, addressing the fans in attendance after his first match of 2022.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- WWE Raw Star Moved Back To NXT, Reforms Tag Team
- Update On Whether Jungle Boy Has Officially Undergone Name Change
- The Incredible Story Of Deaf WWE NXT Wrestler Myles Borne
- Thunder Rosa Comments On Saraya’s AEW Debut
- Buddy Matthews ‘May Be Done’ With AEW
- The Hilarious Reason Teddy Long Is Trending On Twitter
- WWE Raw Star Explains What Triple H Tells WWE Stars Before They Go Out
- Bullet Club Member Betrays Jay White & Turns Face At NJPW Burning Spirit
- WWE Hall Of Famer Recalls Batista Being Difficult To Work With
- Wardlow Says MJF Is ‘Wholeheartedly A Piece Of S**t’