There was a very strong Australian representation in the women’s Royal Rumble, with Rhea Ripley, Dakota Kai, Billie Kay, Peyton Royce and Toni Storm all making an appearance.
Interestingly, Fightful Select (subscribe) is reporting Toni Storm wasn’t actually supposed to be in the match, and was a last minute replacement for Mia Yim who was pulled from the match after testing positive for Covid-19.
“Toni Storm actually wasn’t originally planned for the Rumble match, and ended up serving as an alternate when Yim couldn’t make it.”
Yim’s partner Keith Lee was also absent from the match, presumably as he was forced to isolate after Yim’s positive test.
Fightful added Kacy Catanzaro was also backstage at the Rumble, just in case anyone else was forced to pull out at the last minute.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown
- Report: AEW Star Suffers Broken Leg After Crazy Ladder Spot
- Top WWE Star Nearing End Of Contract, Has Not Agreed To New Deal
- Bobby Lashley Issues Open Challenge For WrestleMania 39
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed
- Commentators For WWE WrestleMania 39 Confirmed
- What Dominik Mysterio Did During Rey Mysterio Hall Of Fame Speech