It was announced this past week that Triple H had been given a new title within WWE, and according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the new role is being considered a “quiet demotion” backstage.
Previously, he served as Executive Vice President of Talent, Live Events & Creative, but is now Executive Vice President of Global Talent Development & Strategy, meaning he is no longer in charge of talent.
His main job was the head of talent relations, but also oversaw a number of other departments while being Executive Vice President of Talent, Live Events & Creative. According to the Observer, he is now in charge of the growth and operation of NXT, selling the NXT TV rights to oversees partners, and its global expansion.
Vince McMahon’s Chief of Staff, Brad Blum, took over as Executive Vice President of Operations, and is now overseeing departments that Triple H ran.
This change was reportedly seen as a demotion for The Game backstage, and it has been described as “curious” that this change had been kept quiet for all of 5 months.
The Observer noted that while the title ‘Executive Vice President of Global Talent Development & Strategy’ makes it sound as though Triple H is still directly dealing with talent, this is not the case.
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- AEW Star Makes Surprise AAA Appearance, Match Set For TripleMania XXXI
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?