Finn Balor shocked the wrestling world in October 2019 when he appeared on NXT to announce that he had permanently moved back to the yellow brand from the main roster.
Other names such as Tyler Breeze, Killian Dain and Fandango have also made the move to Wednesday nights, but due to Balor’s status as a former NXT and Universal Champion, his move was far more significant.
This led quickly to rumours that other main roster stars had possibly also asked to be move to NXT, but there has been very little talk of anything since.
However, Tom Colohue is now reporting that there is an internal list of stars who Vince McMahon and Triple H see as potentially moving to NXT, first and foremost to boost ratings, but also to make the wrestler happier.
Two of the names which reportedly feature on this list are former NXT Champion Kevin Owens, and former NXT Women’s Champion Asuka. Owens spoke on WWE’s The Bump this past week about being keen on a chance to win back the NXT Championship, and even said he would happily move to NXT if given the opportunity.
Asuka is said to be happy in her role in the company, but simply for the sake of the fans it would be great to see her back at her best on Wednesday nights.
Owens recently took part in NXT TakeOver: WarGames III as a surprise entrant in the main event, so could this have been a way of foreshadowing his eventual full time return?
We will update this story as any further news becomes available.
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Seth Rollins’ First World Heavyweight Championship Defence Confirmed For June 5 WWE Raw
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence