Those two matches are slated to be Tag Team Title match for both brands. The report notes that the SmackDown match is expected to be a multi-team match, and that interestingly the Raw Tag Title match was only added to the card after the decision was made to drop the SmackDown Women’s Title bout.
No specific opponents for either the Usos or the Revival were mentioned, but based on who’s already on the card, we can probably guess and not be too far off.
On the SmackDown side of things, one idea suggests that Vince McMahon will be looking to ‘punish’ the Usos for forfeiting the New Day gauntlet match this past Tuesday on SmackDown, stacking the deck against them by having them face multiple teams.
There was speculation they could have been in line to defend against the Hardy Boyz, but Matt and Jeff were confirmed for the Andre Battle Royal yesterday. The Bar, and the team of Shinsuke Nakamura and Rusev, however, weren’t, so would seem likely options to challenge Jimmy and Jey.
For Raw Tag Champions the Revival, the most likely opponents for them would seem to be Aleister Black and Ricochet. Black and Ricochet have pinned Dash and Dawson in numerous non-title matches on Raw recently, so it would seem like the logical step.
Black and Ricochet will be challenging the War Raiders for the NXT Tag Team Championships on NXT TakeOver: New York two nights before ‘Mania on Friday, April 5.
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Scorpio Sky Reveals New TNT Championship Belt On AEW Rampage
- Former NXT Star Taylor Rust Makes AEW Debut
- Raquel Rodriguez Finishing Move Gets New Name After Previous Name Deemed Too Vulgar
- Charlotte Flair Marries Andrade El Idolo
- Bryan Danielson & William Regal Arrive Early To AEW Tapings To Train With Younger Talent
- Fascinating Behind-The-Scenes Footage Of Jade Cargill Including Training With Bryan Danielson & More
- Shinsuke Nakamura Debuts New Tag Team With Riddle
- CM Punk Updates His List Of AEW Dream Matches
- Paige VanZant Will Make AEW In-Ring Debut At Double Or Nothing