WWE President Vince McMahon has a very specific idea of what he wants in his wrestlers, and one of the things he wants is to be not just big, but the right kind of big.
Someone who wasn’t Vince’s kind of big was Gunther, who according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, was told by Vince McMahon to lose weight ahead of his debut on SmackDown last week.
“I know he was told (to lose weight), and he listened, unlike other people who thought that being big was really good and were told and didn’t listen, and now are somewhere else. Which is Keith Lee, I’m not beating around the bush on that. Vince wants slim people on TV.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page
Reports that came out after Keith Lee was released were that Vince thought he had put on too much weight prior to making his brief return in 2021.
As you can see from the below image, Gunther definitely listened to his boss, because he is jacked. Purely based on his billed weight ahead of matches, he has lost around 30lbs (13.5kg), which is a bit like losing 240 eggs. Science.
- Backstage Reaction To Hardy Royal Rumble Performance
- Former WWE Star Signs With IMPACT Wrestling
- Confusion Surrounding Nia Jax’s WWE Roster Status After Royal Rumble
- Triple H Ribbed WWE Star At Royal Rumble
- Big Spoiler For Another UK WWE PLE?
- Cody Rhodes Accused Of ‘Sucking Up’ To Tony Khan
- Sami Zayn Makes Bold Statement On Twitter After Bloodline Betrayal At Royal Rumble
- AEW Star Calls Out WWE For Management ‘War’, ‘Playing’ With Wrestlers’ Careers
- Dustin Rhodes Shares Message For Cody Rhodes Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Kota Ibushi First Post-NJPW Appearance Announced