Here’s the latest on plans for the Vince McMahon Netflix documentary, after… well, everything.
Vince McMahon stepped down from his positions as WWE CEO and Chairman in June, while being investigated following ‘hush pact’ allegations surfacing. Following more allegations and investigations, Vince announced his retirement and WWE departure on July 22.
While McMahon was being investigated, it was reported that the Netflix documentary had been pulled from internal programming spreadsheet.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the documentary is still in the works.
Noting that it’s being produced in collaboration with WWE, Meltzer wrote:
“While the story going around was that the Vince McMahon scandal let to the cancellation of the Netflix series on the life of McMahon, that is not the case. They are doing a McMahon project currently with cooperation from WWE, Chris Smith is the Director and Executive Producer. This is one of at least two major documentaries on the life of McMahon in production right now and there is also the Vince McMahon book coming out next year.”
Following Vince’s departure, Stephanie McMahon and Nick Khan were named co-CEOs, and Triple H has been running creative in addition to his EVP of Talent Relations role.
You can find further updates on Vince McMahon at this link.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Former ROH Stars At WWE Tryout
- Winners Of ‘Wildcard’ Qualifiers For NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Revealed
- William Regal Referenced During NXT
- The Usos Respond To Criticism Over PWI Tag Team 100 Ranking
- WWE Star ‘Very Apologetic’ After Botch During Raw
- Former WWE World Champion Set For Title Match At NXT Deadline
- WWE Star Takes Another Shot At Kenny Omega
- Sami Zayn & Kenny Omega Continue Twitter Back And Forth
- Update On Plans For The AEW Fight Forever Video Game
- AEW Star Addresses Criticism Towards New In-Ring Style