Unless you’re Asuka, in which case it’s great if you shout in your native language, Vince McMahon is definitely more keen on wrestlers speaking English, or at least being able to.
This was highlighted with the recent push of current United States Champion Andrade, who since learning good English, has seen his main roster career go from strength to strength.
According to Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful, he has confirmed that Andrade was told by Vince McMahon that, if he wanted to be pushed on the main roster, he would need to learn English.
Initial rumours that this had happened started in May 2019, and it appears the rumours were very much true.
Despite going to the effort of learning English, Andrade rarely speaks during shows and almost never cuts a promo in English. Instead, his manager Zelina Vega does much of the talking, which is easily the best thing for the duo, as Vega is an excellent promo.
While this is nothing but speculation, striking up a relationship with Charlotte Flair probably didn’t hurt his chances of getting a push, either.
It will be interesting to see what Vince sees as the limit of Andrade’s push. He is easily talented enough to challenge for and win the company’s top titles, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen, as we’ve seen countless times before.
- The Latest Cryptic Bray Wyatt Tweet Has Dropped Amid WWE Return Speculation
- WWE To Sign AEW’s Konosuke Takeshita Soon?
- WWE Stars’ Futures In Doubt, Karrion Kross Plans, Several Injuries – News Bulletin – August 8, 2022
- Corey Graves Puts WWE On Blast After Carmella Injury At House Show
- Report: The Rock Vs Roman Reigns Is ‘100% The Plan’ For WrestleMania 39
- Asuka Teases Mystery Partner For Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament
- Scrapped Plans For Drew Gulak On August 5 SmackDown Revealed
- Bray Wyatt Addresses Speculation Following Recent Message
- Kairi Sane Responds To Return Tease For WWE Women’s Tag Title Tournament
- Ric Flair & Carlos Colon Involved In Brawl Following His Last Match