Despite the segment drawing criticism a WWE Hall of Famer, Vince McMahon was the brains behind the “final farewell” of Undertaker at Survivor Series.
PWInsider reports that it was mainly McMahon who produced all the ‘Taker stuff, which isn’t really a surprise. It was noted that he was hands-on with it throughout the day, and Triple H probably had an influence on it too.
We’ve already covered it on the site, but in case you haven’t seen, here were the producers for each match:
- Pre-show Battle Royal – Adam Pearce
- Men’s traditional elimination match – Adam Pearce & Chris Park (Abyss)
- New Day vs. Street Profits – Pat Buck
- Bobby Lashley vs. Sami Zayn – Jason Jordan
- Asuka vs. Sasha Banks – TJ Wilson (Tyson Kidd)
- Women’s traditional elimination match – TJ Wilson & Pat Buck
- Drew McIntyre vs. Roman Reigns – Michael Hayes
It was also added that Park produced the 24/7 Title segments which featured R-Truth, Akira Tozawa, and Drew Gulak dressed as the Gobbledy Gooker.
It’d be interesting to hear everyone’s thoughts on the Undertaker’s farewell. Many have pointed out it didn’t seem quite right, but with no fans and in the middle of the pandemic, does it still warrant the criticism some gave it? Let us know what you think.