It was reported by a number of sources this week that former AEW Champion Kenny Omega would be taking some time away from the ring for a number of surgeries.
It has now been confirmed in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Kenny will surgeries for “shoulder, knee and abdominal issues, and likely for a septum issue.”
Thankfully Dave Meltzer reports the majority of these surgeries are relatively minor, and so he shouldn’t be out for too long if things go to plan.
The current goal is to have him back in February 2022, but Meltzer reports Tony Khan has told Kenny to take as much time as he needs.
“The surgeries will not be that major and the expectation would be for him to return in or around late February, but Tony Khan has told him to take the time off that he needs.”
Omega announced he would be taking time off this past week on AEW Dynamite, and teased a possible feud with Adam Cole when he makes his comeback.
Everyone at WrestleTalk wishes Kenny Omega the best for his surgeries and his recovery.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- Popular Wrestling Database Site Announces Changes Due To AEW, WWE Fan Tribalism