PWInsider is reporting that Will Ospreay is believed to have suffered an ankle injury during his match with Hiromu Takahashi on night one of NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14.
It’s believed he suffered the injury while performing the Sasuke Special, and although the severity hasn’t been confirmed, it’s thought that it could be a broken heel. He didn’t compete on the night two card, but he wasn’t booked to anyway.
Ospreay went into Wrestle Kingdom as defending IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion, but was defeated by Takahashi on night one to drop the belt he had held Wrestle Kingdom 12 two years ago.
It is believed Ospreay could be moving from the junior heavyweight to the heavyweight division but that’s yet to be seen.
WrestleTalk.com wishes Will Ospreay a safe recovery. Stay tuned for more updates on his condition as they become available.
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- ‘You Become A Liability’ – Current WWE Name Breaks Silence On Matt Riddle Being Released
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Big Change To WWE Fastlane Match Confirmed?
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- Update On WWE ‘Breach Of Contract’ Case
- AEW Star Medically Cleared Last-Minute For Dynamite Match
- Spoilers For AEW Championship Matches Ahead Of WrestleDream