PWInsider is reporting that Will Ospreay is believed to have suffered an ankle injury during his match with Hiromu Takahashi on night one of NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14.
It’s believed he suffered the injury while performing the Sasuke Special, and although the severity hasn’t been confirmed, it’s thought that it could be a broken heel. He didn’t compete on the night two card, but he wasn’t booked to anyway.
Ospreay went into Wrestle Kingdom as defending IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion, but was defeated by Takahashi on night one to drop the belt he had held Wrestle Kingdom 12 two years ago.
It is believed Ospreay could be moving from the junior heavyweight to the heavyweight division but that’s yet to be seen.
WrestleTalk.com wishes Will Ospreay a safe recovery. Stay tuned for more updates on his condition as they become available.
- AEW’s Miro Seemingly Agrees He ‘Had It Better’ In WWE
- FTR Announced For AEW Dynamite: Quake By The Lake
- Finn Balor Vs Rey Mysterio Added To August 8 WWE Raw
- WWE Star Angel Teases Return To Old Ring Name
- Latest On Lacey Evans WWE Status After SmackDown Absence
- NXT Star Tatum Paxley Injured At House Show
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- X-Pac Believes Logan Paul Could Be WWE Champion Material
- Danhausen Shares Photo With Sasha Banks From Recent Public Appearance
- Jamie Hayter Suffers Broken Nose During AEW Battle Of The Belts III