Last month WWE released several wrestlers including Lio Rush, No Way Jose, Rusev and more as part of a cost-cutting measure brought on by the Coronavirus. However, it wasn’t just WWE’s in-ring talent that have been let go by the company.
It was also reported that Fit Finlay, Kurt Angle, Pat Buck and more members of WWE’s backstage stuff were also let go. However, it is believed that these backstage staff have been furloughed, with WWE reportedly considering bringing them back over the next few weeks/months.
While the wrestlers released were detailed in an article on WWE.com, the backstage staff who have been furloughed were not officially announced by the company, meaning we are still finding out about some backstage staff over a month after the fact.
It has now emerged that one of those furloughed by WWE last month was former TNA and ROH wrestler and current NXT commentator Nigel McGuinness. WWE made the call to furlough McGuinness and not have him record NXT commentary from his home, something Beth Phoenix and Mauro Ranallo are doing.
There is no word on when McGuinness, who hasn’t worked since the beginning of the pandemic, will be brought back by WWE. For the latest on his future with the company, stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com.
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- WWE Star Debuts New Entrance Theme On Pre-WrestleMania Raw
- Popular WWE Team To Potentially Reunite After WrestleMania
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H