A report has provided an update on the upcoming WWE Draft, following rumors that Drew McIntyre will move to SmackDown during the shake-up.
Drew McIntyre was one of Raw’s top stars during the ThunderDome era, holding the WWE Championship for most of 2020. It has been rumored that the Scotsman will join the Blue Brand next month during the draft.
As per Ringside News, who have had many recent reports confirmed by the likes of Wrestling Observer and Fightful, no concrete decisions have been made for the WWE Draft.
The report noted that a source stated the Drew McIntyre speculation is “neither accurate nor inaccurate” as “the draft has not been decided.”
It was previously reported that some people at NBCUniversal and USA Network are unhappy with how stacked the SmackDown roster is, compared to Raw. WWE could use the shake-up to balance the rosters, moving many top stars between the brands.
The WWE Draft will reportedly take place across two nights, with one night being the October 4 episode of Raw. It isn’t currently known whether the October 1 or 8 episode of SmackDown will feature the other half of the draft.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- Brock Lesnar Could Break Surprising WWE Record
- WWE Management ‘Happy’ With NXT Call-Ups’ Main Roster Debut
- Major AEW Star ‘Bewildered’ He Could Walk Away After Recent Match
- Bryan Danielson & Kazuchika Okada React To Forbidden Door 2023 Match
- WWE Star To Make In-Ring Debut Soon