Say what you like about Vince McMahon, the day he is no longer around will be an incredibly sad one for the entire wrestling community.
You may not agree with his booking, but you cannot deny what he has done for the sport we all love.
It was announced last week that WWE Co-Presidents George Barrios and Michelle Wilson had left their posts, and with it came a sharp drop in WWE’s stock prices.
One of the main reasons for this drop in stock is that, according to Dave Meltzer, WWE no longer has a plan in place for if Vince McMahon were to die while still in the top position in WWE.
It was previously assumed that Barrios and Wilson would take over if the worst was to happen, but now they’re gone, the successor is not clear.
“It’s gotta be something really serious for him to fire both people without notice with no succession plan and kinda killing the succession plan… because if something happened to Vince, you know everybody expected that Michelle Wilson and George Barrios would be the people to run the company. Now nobody knows who will run the company and that uncertainty is one of reasons the stock price dropped a lot.”
Many have assumed in the past that the running of WWE would pass down the McMahon line, meaning Stephanie or Shane McMahon would take charge. Similarly, many think Triple H, Vince’s son-in-law and WWE’s COO would be the man to step up.
Now that it seems Vince will be splitting him time between WWE and the newly revived XFL, could we be closing in on the next chapter of WWE with someone else at the helm for the first time in nearly 40 years?
- WWE Finds Another $5 Million In Payments By Vince McMahon That Should Have Been Classed As Company Expenses
- Huge Change Coming To AEW PPVs?
- AEW Stars’ Current Belief About MJF’s Status
- Tony Khan Drops Huge Tease For AEW ‘Quake By The Lake’
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW’s Anna Jay Officially Undergoes Name Change
- John Cena Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Revealed
- Triple H Splits Up WWE Tag Team
- Mandy Rose Calls Herself This NXT 2.0 Star’s ‘Mother’
- Ariya Daivari Working As Producer For AEW