Stephanie McMahon announced last week she would be taking an indefinite leave of absence from WWE in order to take care of her family.
WWE President Nick Khan will be taking over many of Stephanie’s responsibilities, while WWE is also advertising a job which would see the successful candidate also take over several of her previous roles.
Writing in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer has noted not everyone was sad to see the back of Stephanie McMahon, and that there have been people saying negative things about her.
In cases like this, there will be people saying negative things on the way out, and there are, but they are doing so very quietly because nobody would want to be caught doing so. And while there always will be people like that, we don’t have any indication it’s many people. We’ve been certain people who were not high on her, even though the company had pushed her as one of the leading female sports executives in the country and she had been nominated for many awards because she was the public face of a thriving company. One person noted to us that the people who were frustrated with her were the type who would ask her something and she would have to run it by Vince because at the end of the day, like everyone, for any big decision it is Vince McMahon. Even Nick Khan has to run everything through Vince.
There have been no reports regarding when Stephanie may be returning to the company, but PWInsider’s Mike Johnson did tell people not to expect to see her any time soon.
- Full Recap – Tony Khan Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call
- Big Update On Triple H WWE Return & Backstage Status
- Report: WWE Using Robert Roode To ‘Teach’ Veer Mahaan
- Here’s Who Decided Stephanie McMahon Should Replace Vince McMahon
- Lineup For AEW Blood & Guts Match Revealed
- Original Plan For Jon Moxley At Forbidden Door Before CM Punk Injury
- Matt Hardy Reacts To Report Claiming He’s Injured
- Lio Rush Explains The Difference Between NXT & WWE Raw Locker Room (Exclusive)
- Sasha Banks Spotted With Another New Look
- Real Reason Sammy Guevara Joined Jericho Appreciation Society