As of right now, Johnny Gargano is a free agent and free to do what he wishes in the world of professional wrestling.
While many have speculated that he is off to join AEW, others within NXT and WWE feel he will be returning when the time is right.
If he does eventually decide to re-sign with WWE, Dave Meltzer has reported he will likely remain in NXT, and booked as someone who will help get younger talent over.
From the Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
“In the case of Gargano, at press time he had not made up his mind and it was categorized by those close to him as a difficult decision. He was given a strong offer to stay, but the reality is he would be in NXT, with the new direction, he would not be the focus, but he probably would be kept somewhat strong with the idea of having him mean something to teach and put over the talent they are looking for on the main roster.”
Gargano was attacked during his farewell promo this past week by Grayson Waller, so it looks like he’s already putting over future stars.
Meltzer noted Gargano will likely wait until his wife Candice LeRae gives birth to their first child (due in February 2022) to make a decision about his future.
- Claudio Castagnoli AEW Details & WWE Stars React, AEW Contracts Expire, Cody Rhodes Video Game News – Audio News Bulletin – June 27, 2022
- Former WWE Wrestler Corroborates Rita Chatterton’s Rape Allegation Against Vince McMahon
- More Details On Claudio Castagnoli Joining AEW
- WWE Raw Live Results – June 27, 2022
- Jon Moxley Claims He’s ‘Probably Concussed’ In Passionate Post-Show Promo
- Becky Lynch Reacts To Claudio Castagnoli AEW Debut
- What Happened After AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door Went Off Air?
- Xavier Woods Reacts To Claudio Castagnoli AEW Debut
- Stipulation Added To Kevin Owens WWE Raw Match
- WWE Star Aliyah Dealing With An Injury